To provide facilities to faculty members, postdoctoral fellows and research scholars from academic and research institutions in India and abroad to conduct research on theoretical problems in science and engineering in collaboration with faculty members of IIT Kharagpur.
- Visits to IIT Kharagpur for the period of 1 to 2 weeks are supported.
- Accomodation will be provided at the Visveswaraya / Technology Guest House.
- Access to computational and library facilities.
- A daily allowance for visitors to Rs. 1000/- for Ph.D students and Rs. 1500/- for PDF & Faculty per day.
- A travel allowance of Railway 2-Tier AC / Air as per Govt. of India Rules.
- Visitors will have to be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly a year roughly around April, July, October & January every year.
Visitors will have to give a seminar related to the area of research, will have to be on campus throughout the period of visit, and will have to submit a report on the work done during the period of visit.
How to apply
Applications can be sent by e-mail, fax or by post to the address given below. You can download it in MS Word or PDF formats.
Address for communication
CTS Visitor's Programme
Centre for Theoretical Studies
Indian Institute of Technology
Kharagpur - 721302
Phone : +91-32222-281645
MS Word PDF
List of visitors visited till date and the expected visitors