Usage Policy and Guidelines
We are trying to better organize the facility and to this end a survey is being conducted to gather few basic details from the users. It is mandatory for the users to take the survey
- A job scheduler (SGE: Sun Grid Engine) is installed on the cluster to manage load and allocate resources. Users can submit jobs only via job scheduler for better optimization of resources. Any job submitted directly on the compute nodes would be killed without any notice, this applies to all the users.
- There are several users on this cluster. Therefore, the best policy would be to submit short jobs and resubmit them as often as you want. This is possible if you create checkpoints/restarts in simulations, so that you can restart from the previous state of your simulations. This is just to ensure that the waiting time, before the job starts running, for you and other users is minimal. Ideal case would be 24 hrs, then of course you could submit many jobs depending on the availability of resources. This also safeguards your simulations against loss of time/data from accidental shutdowns or some other catastrophe.
- Regularly take backup of your data and do not allow it to accumulate on the server storage for long time.
- We are in the process of creating a resource page with all the information that any user would require, but it would take some time before it is ready.
- You may also want to look at the following website.
- For opening an account on cluster user's are requested to download and complete the form.